Friends of Portland Community Gardens welcomes your donation of time and skill as a volunteer. There are many ways that we work together: serving on a committee, helping with events, building or improving a garden, helping with technology, newsletters, Produce for People, Apple Tasting or Valentine’s card sales, and some new yet to be imagined events.
FPCG holds numerous fundraising and educational events throughout the season. Volunteers are always welcome. A few of the events are:
Table for FPCG at fairs/festivals/community events
Assist with logistics at FPCG membership & fundraising events
Be part of a garden work party
Friends of Portland Community Gardens currently has 6 committees who are looking for additional support in achieving their goals.
- Finance Committee (2 needed): Monitor organization’s finances and adherence to budget and reporting requirements
- Fundraising Committee (6 needed): Plan and execute the Annual Meeting and periodic outreach efforts. Currently looking for Sponsorship, Event Marketing, and Volunteer Coordinators, and other assistance planning and executing key fundraising events.
- Corporate Sponsorship/Grants (6 needed): Identify sponsorship or grant opportunities to bring additional funding into the organization.
- Volunteer Recruitment (3 needed): Support outreach efforts to find volunteers for all of our activities
- Marketing (3 needed): Develop marketing materials for program and outreach efforts; identify public relations opportunities and social media strategy to maximize awareness in the community.
- Operating/Administrative Documentation (1 needed): Support organization and documentation of policies and procedures within the organization.
Contact us if you are interested in volunteering and helping us grow!