Friends of Portland Community Gardens welcomes your donation of time and skill as a volunteer. There are many ways that we work together: serving on a committee, helping with events, building or improving a garden, helping with technology, newsletters, Produce for People and other events.
Whether a short term event, project, or longer-term commitment, we welcome you to join the effort. Sign up for our Newsletter to hear about volunteer opportunities.
FPCG holds numerous fundraising and educational events throughout the season. Volunteers are always welcome. A few of the events are:
Table for FPCG at fairs/festivals/community events
- Be part of a garden work party
Friends of Portland Community Gardens currently has committees who are looking for additional support in achieving their goals.
- Produce for People: Plan and coordinate spring and fall purchases and delivery for Produce for People gardeners.
- Shelter Gardens: Create opportunities to partner with service providers to build tub planters and raised beds at sites for our houseless neighbors.
- Finance Committee: Monitor organization’s finances and adherence to budget and reporting requirements
- Fundraising Committee: Plan and execute the Annual Meeting and periodic outreach efforts. Identify sponsorship or grant opportunities to bring additional funding into the organization.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Support outreach efforts to find volunteers for all of our activities
Contact us if you are interested in volunteering and helping us grow!